video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: stars  (Read 1407 times)

Robin Friday

stars
« on: August 02, 2014, 11:41:39 PM »
get rid of the stars ......

what does it matter if someone posts 600 times ...
it's what they post and  whether it's true that counts .

394 members ...and 5 or 6 that post .

Reality check please .
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:43:47 PM by Mark Edmunds »

Mariner tony

Re: stars
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 09:31:23 AM »
Mark, I'm one of the lunatic fringe who post on a reasonably regular basis. I do so, because (very) occasionally, I think I can contribute to a debate. I do remember joining though, reading posts and being thoroughly reticent about adding my piece. A newbie, what sage like muses could I possibly offer to these knowledgeable, experienced collectors? Of course I soon realised that that was a load of b****cks!  We try to be inclusive, but sometimes, perhaps, that fact gets lost.
We could perhaps request, not insist, that a newbie introduces themselves to the forum. I, for one make a point of welcoming any newcomer to the site. In the future I am going to PM newcomers, introduce myself and offer any humble advice I can.

Robin Friday

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 09:57:36 AM »
Cheers mate , agreed .

fossil

• natural history, scienced, museum studies
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 07:18:00 PM »
thats what iu was requesting more than a year back, and in my latest posting, get the newbie make a posting.
that is all that is required, a matter of decency, introducing themselves and interests in the hobby.
one posting would make so much more better this forum, and lead to many more postings and other discussions.
it may be all gibberish according to admin, but if it gets things moving forward, rather than remaining static, all the better
likewise with other websites such as the current ones on flickr, as by mark edwards, magpiemick ciggycard and others on here, besides many other popular cartophilic websites

Who's online

30 Guests, 0 Users