Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: Card World  (Read 14982 times)

Cedric1812

• Birds (pre-1970), ATC, Boer War & 19thC American
Card World
« on: August 04, 2014, 09:04:02 PM »
Ok gents, given the comments on here over the last day or so and some of the speculation regarding the CSGB website I wanted to clear the air and give an open and honest look at what's happening and hopefully stop the rumours. If you want to message me I am happy to answer any questions people have or if you PM me your number I will be happy to call you and talk through the ideas too (indeed some members of this forum were engaged very early on so thanks guys - you know who you are!). We aim to have it ready in a few weeks and are just tidying up one or two technical aspects and getting content on.

It has not been easy and there have been countless discussions on what is in scope and out of scope (and indeed discussions for the second phase are still under way). However, we do have a new website but it is on a test server until I have finished collating content. To go with the website is the card world twitter feed and we shall be tweeting our own news/events/card musings as well as retweeting relevant posts from panini, topps, ultrapro, LCCC, PSA etc so site visitors can keep their fingers on the pulse of the hobby.

As many of you will know; I rarely talk CSGB on this site but I felt it was best to clear this one up. We all love cards and want the hobby to continue and flourish and I hope that the work on this new site as well as other sites such as Geoff's will help contribute in some way to that.

Just for ccc.com I've attached a screenshot preview of what's on the test server at present... It's by no means perfect guys but as they say, 'Rome wasn't built in a day'.

Thanks,
Sam

p.s. The advertising is just an example at present but when we go-live all auctions and dealers will be notified properly - we aren't just putting up whoever we feel like :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 05:50:05 AM by Cedric1812 »
Always interested in buying rare bird cards

Robin Friday

Re: Card World
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 09:09:47 PM »
Sam ,many thanks for the update and explanation , it sounds like an exciting time for the csgb .

Good luck with the project .

Will you need to be a member of the csgb to access the site ?

Cedric1812

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 09:15:26 PM »
Thanks Mark, much appreciated.

You wont need to be a member to access the site and the articles no, it'll be open to all as will the twitter feed obviously - whether that's people wanting to know more about their set of household hints or seasoned collectors. To use the forum you'll have to register of course in a similar way to others. The only thing we plan to reserve for members is the CSGB auction and our reference database.

Robin Friday

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 09:27:21 PM »
 :) Sam ,

Sounds like a winner mate .

what's a tweet ?  :)

Cedric1812

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 09:32:52 PM »
Tell me about it :) Still as much as people may say social networking is the future (the really cutting edge folk will have said that 10 years ago!) for me the future is and always has been about owning a hover board.

Cedric1812

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 05:53:16 AM »
Thanks for fixing the gallery issue Geoff - attachment now added guys so you can see what we are working on.

Cheers,
Sam

magpiemick

• newcastle united related stuff
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 08:08:27 AM »
Looking good Sam well done on the hard work

cigcardpix2

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 08:13:44 AM »
looks great Sam.....well done

Cedric1812

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 09:55:25 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys, I'll be working on it hard over the coming week to try and get it sorted and ready. When you are able to get on please feel free to feed back and I can act on your comments. It'll take time but I think it'll be worthwhile :)

Mariner tony

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 01:56:48 PM »
Yes Sam. It's looking good. Well done!

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 02:35:15 PM »
Having met you have every confidence of your success and look forward to it, hope it to benefit all card collectors and not just a limited few. Think you know what I mean Cedric.
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

Cedric1812

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 04:49:19 PM »
Appreciate your comment David and thank you. Don't worry - I know exactly what you mean and the primary aim is to benefit the hobby as a whole. Ideally in the long run I like to think we can help change the perception of the hobby and some of the stereotypes that exist with a view to attracting new collectors - young or old.

You'll note it's called Card World, not Cartophilic World, CSGB or Non-Sport Cards etc. The point is that we will cover ALL cards. It doesn't matter if they were issued last year or 100 years ago - if they are cards (or card related such as albums, celluloid buttons, silks etc)  then they are eligible for discussion.

PeterCS

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 05:10:51 PM »
Looks excellent Sam - professional, fresh, easily navigable, and not least, welcoming. (the very reverse of the knowall superiority of experts that is decried on another thread)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:11:02 AM by PeterCS »

up the cherries!

• Up the cherries!
  • Modern trade, Real Photographic, BAT
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 07:05:37 PM »
Looking good Sam, I applaud your efforts and obvious enthusiasm. The hobby definitely needs something more modern and upbeat to attract newer collectors, and hopefully this is the way forward - well done!

Cedric1812

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 09:17:02 PM »
Thanks guys. When we are up and running I'll let you know and I'd appreciate some honest feedback about what else you would like to see on there :)

Who's online

32 Guests, 1 User
Alan