Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: What's new?  (Read 70791 times)

Mariner tony

What's new?
« on: September 13, 2014, 03:14:23 PM »
Looking around other forums, I often see a section for members to air their new acquisitions, so I thought I would demonstrate how diverse my collecting actually is.
I'm presently making up Cadet 'Dogs' the larger and scarcer of the two sets.

Have just purchased G. Phillips 'Stars of the Screen' from Collectabilia. I see no reason not to publicise this fact when the cards were in top condition and quickly delivered. (I'm also fond of Merle Oberon.)

I'm also making up the two latest Panini offerings: Planes and Dinosaurs, the quality of the stickers being amazingly good plus a handful of their earlier football sets.

My next 'project' will be A&BC Gum 'Civil War News', a set I have previously avoided.

Anyone else like to give us a snapshot of their exploits? If not you can always tell me to "F - off" and mind my own business!

wolfie

• Military Silks, Military, SciFi Trade.
Re: What's new?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 10:17:20 PM »
Ok Tony you asked for it.
Hero attax for my new issue fix. The cards are from various marvel cartoons but are the usual top quality attax standards. Have recently added the winter soldier le

Batman black bat and red bat, blue bat will follow but want to complete these 2 first.

Still plodding on with NUFC, civil war news and mars attacks as and when I see good quality. Also Anglo space and pondering chic moon cards.

tygartygar

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 10:50:52 PM »
Having some successes BUT the apparent (to me anyway) non-availability of decent copies has upped the frustration quotient to burgundy-supping levels!

STILL trying the make up 4 sets -
King's Laundries aircraft - 2 cards to go
Gossage Birds - 1 card
Illingworth Cavalry - 1 card
Wills Irish Holiday Resorts - 3 cards to go

On a brighter note - complete Welsh Language Board Rugby set snapped up even before seller had described it; and finally completed the Leaf Confectionery Cliff Richard and Kent Police World Cup 1982 squad sets

So, all in all and having had worse weeks in the past, a glass half full methinks.

Mariner tony

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 08:59:19 AM »
A couple of good posts guys.  It satisfies my curiosity to see our collecting world from the perspective of others.
Thought it would be a decent threat because we can all update at anytime, get a feel for the preferences of fellow members and generally rejoice at a successful find for a forum member!  ;D

misterguineagold

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 09:38:05 AM »
Hi Tony,
             Would like to complete the set of Base M Footballers from Ogdens Guinea Gold Series. Only 15 left to find out of 150.

Captain Pugwash

• Anything to do with A&BC Gum
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 11:55:38 AM »

Hi Tony.

A very good suggestion.

One forum I have noted add photos of new acquisitions. I tried to post one yesterday but it wouldn't upload. It would be nice to see members new finds.

Mariner tony

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 04:10:58 PM »
Hi Captain.
Thank you. Yes, I agree. Photos would enhance the experience. I'd particularly like to see images of the many areas of the hobby that I know nothing about!

ridgeback

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 05:39:34 PM »
Not much here although I did come back from my boot sale trawling todaywith a carrier bag full of Match Attax Cards and Panini stickers.

Im sure Ive probably got 99% of them but for £2 I decided it would make the dull winter days fly by.

I also found some Daily Mirror Soccer 88 stickers..anyone know anything about them?

Gloster Javelin

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 09:59:22 PM »
I received a stack of Star Wars film slides today from a family members loft. They are about an inch and a half square. They are card with a little transparent film image in the centre. Very nice when held up to the light. I think that they were originally packaged in with the toys? I'm not really sure if they even count as 'ephemera'? But I like them and think that I will put them in a suitable album leaf.

cigcardpix2

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 11:01:09 PM »
recent new stuff....finally completed Gallaher's "Votaries of the Weed" then found two I have had for ages were trimmed, so still have two to replace!
Three French Chocolat D'aiguebelle tradecards of warships from 1900.https://flic.kr/p/oRsv2A
A couple of unusual type cards by Martin's and L&B....something every week keep's me going. :)
K
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:10:02 AM by cigcardpix2 »

Heath

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 06:43:43 AM »
For me 2 more cards from the long-cherished Churchman Cricketers series, which leaves 2 to get and 2 to replace, (the latter having been trimmed to their oval insert). Keeps me amused. When that's done their are several others to work on - The Wills Kings and Queens from 1898 -1902 for example.  :)

Captain Pugwash

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 10:40:16 AM »

This little beauty was delivered by the postie on Saturday.

A&BC GUM of course  :)

magpiemick

• newcastle united related stuff
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 03:08:17 PM »
Latest buys to tie in with a project currently working on Evelyn Henry Lintott depicted on Gallaher's Association Football Club Colours  he played for Woking Plymouth QPR Bradford City and Leeds City and was capped 7 times for England When WW1 broke out he was one of the first to volunteer joining the 15th Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment ( the Leeds Pals ) The first professional football to gain a commission as Lieutenant and was killed in action on the first day of the Somme He is remembered on the Thiepval Memorial
2nd buy being Leigh Richmond Roose who played for many clubs Stoke Everton Sunderland Huddersfield Aston Villa Woolwich Arsenal  and was the Wales international goalkeeper He joined up initially with Royal Army Medical Corps as he was training to be a doctor but wanted more action and joined The Royal Welch Fusilier as a private he won the Military Medal and later was killed in action towards the end of The Battle of the Somme he is also remembered on the Thiepval Memorial he is seen here depicted on Wills United Services International Footballers Otherwise still picking off the Newcastle Cards and managed to complete all 4 World cup issues

Mariner tony

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 04:29:10 PM »
Really enjoying these posts. We already knew it, but what a diverse bunch we are! And what impeccable taste we have!
Always dodgy to count chickens because these have not arrived yet, but got these over the weekend:
D C Thomson Worlds Best Cricketers. The complete Adventure sub-set.

Merlin Premier Gold 2000. The full set with sub-sets A1-A20 and B1-B20.
I hear my bank manager gently sob in the distance!

Captain Pugwash

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 04:31:34 PM »
 Thanks for sharing Mick. Very poignant.

Who's online

38 Guests, 0 Users