Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: Phar Lap  (Read 2388 times)

SteveClaiden

Phar Lap
« on: April 23, 2015, 06:12:50 PM »
An unusual request.

Not sure which sets have a card of the famous Aussie Horse  At the moment, I've only identified Phillips BDV Who's Who in Australian Sport (the double sided issue)

Anyhow, I'm looking for either 25 or 50 of the same card.  I think 25 is probably a more realistic target and it's not a pressing need.  Would prefer to be buying more than 1 at a time so postage doesn't make it prohibitive and need the cards in nice condition.

Don't want to be paying silly money either as it's not particularly rare but I have an Aussie friend who wants me to frame them up and thinks 25 of the same card in a frame would look good.  Each to their own

Steve F.

• Rare cricket cards sought
Re: Phar Lap
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 11:06:34 PM »
The 'Wonder horse' is also depicted in the 1932 Sweetacres Sports Champions (Set of 48), the 1933 MacRobertson 1/2d Sporting Series issue (Set of 72) & the 1932 Godfrey Phillips Australian Sporting Celebrities (Set of 50)

As for the 1933 Who's Who Double sided cards at least Phar Lap is featured on 5 of the combination cards, so you might have some more luck finding them.

I've got about two dozen spares of the Sweetacres set and about a dozen in total of the MacRobertson & Godfrey Phillips issues and 60-80 spares of the Godfrey Phillips Double sided BDV cards - alas no Phar Lap issues in any condition from any of them so I fear that you will be looking for a fair while for 25 of any of them!!!

Best of luck
Looking for rare or unusual Cricket cards

SteveClaiden

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 10:05:42 AM »
Thanks for the reply Steve

I assumed it will be a tough quest.  When I checked ebay, I see that I missed out on one but there's still one currently listed.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure that one is going to pass the condition test.   Mind you, beggars can't be choosers so he may have to lower his sights.

Steve F.

• Rare cricket cards sought
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 11:17:48 PM »
Cheers - but I guess it just depends how long he is prepared to wait!
Looking for rare or unusual Cricket cards

Who's online

30 Guests, 0 Users