Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: Football Stickers - Scotland World Cup 1974 - Cadbury issue?  (Read 1699 times)

cigcardpix2

I have bought some football stickers - large size 75mm square - with Scottish players from the 1974 world cup.
I have seen an Australian site saying they are a Cadbury issue.
Any info would be greatly appreciated as my footy knowledge is pretty poor with more modern issues!
Cheers, K

Mariner tony

Re: Football Stickers - Scotland World Cup 1974 - Cadbury issue?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 10:55:38 AM »
My first port of call would be Football cartophilic info exchange, Alan's excellent site.

wandererpaul

• Brentford FC Memorabilia
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 12:18:13 PM »
The Cadbury Stickers are here.... http://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/cadbury-bros-fudge-footballers.html

But these are a different 'set' and not catalogued as the same set. I'm sure I've seen these before somewhere. I'll have a look, unless Alan comes on here before hand and gives the right info!
Not Forgotten; W.Allwright,H.Gould,J.Greechan,P.Hagan,G.Kennedy,G.Littler,H.Purver,H.Robotham,P.Saunders,R.Shields,A.Walker

wandererpaul

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 12:30:41 PM »
As I thought, I knew I saw something somewhere!

Scotland World Cup 1974 - Cadbury's

http://cards.littleoak.com.au/197475_cadbury_scotland_world_cup/197475_cadbury_world_cup.html

The above is a link to Nigel's website, it shows at the bottom a similar sticker of Joe Jordan. It's not a set that has been fully catalogued as yet, so your items could be unknown! The Kenny Dalgleish sticker is known.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 06:23:22 PM by wandererpaul »
Not Forgotten; W.Allwright,H.Gould,J.Greechan,P.Hagan,G.Kennedy,G.Littler,H.Purver,H.Robotham,P.Saunders,R.Shields,A.Walker

cigcardpix2

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 06:12:40 PM »
thanks for the info guys....had not followed the link on Nigel's website, and have now seen the rest of the cards he has seen from this set. Will have to give him a shout as I have over 20 different here, so can fill a few of his gaps!
cheers, K

wandererpaul

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 06:22:57 PM »
thanks for the info guys....had not followed the link on Nigel's website, and have now seen the rest of the cards he has seen from this set. Will have to give him a shout as I have over 20 different here, so can fill a few of his gaps!
cheers, K

Excellent. Nigel's site is perfect for the 1960's onwards football cards. I'm sure he'll be grateful for the new info.  8)

It's amazing that some cards/stickers still aren't recorded or known about.  :)

wandererpaul

cigcardpix2

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 09:01:36 PM »
thanks again....I am pleased to have filled some of his gaps, though as he admits, he has no idea how many are still to find.
Cheers, K

Who's online

34 Guests, 0 Users