Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: need help with ebay please  (Read 2715 times)

bri.d

• britians .diecast. cigarette & brooke bond cards
need help with ebay please
« on: October 08, 2015, 11:00:24 AM »
this is the first item i have had thats gone missing. ive no doubt ebay is going to be sending messages. shortley
i posted a card on monday first class recorded. the buyer has sent me 19
messages yesterday/ today. saying the card has not arrived. how do i go about putting a cliam in with royal mail. ive got a funny feeling  im going to have to give the buyer his money back. and im going to loose out.
any help will much appreciated thanks

always looking for unlisted. brooke bond cards. albums. order forms. canadian dinosaur reprints. spyfile cards

Robin Friday

Re: need help with ebay please
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 11:19:23 AM »
https://m.royalmail.com/h5/track_item

http://m.royalmail.com/mt/www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/available-compensation-for-lost-items

Hi bri.d ,
have you checked the Royal Mail tracking site to see the status of the delivery there is a link above .

I believe that Royal Mail will ask you to wait 10 days before a claim can be made .
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:24:17 AM by mark e »

IanSammel

• German cards
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 11:45:24 AM »
ive got a funny feeling  im going to have to give the buyer his money back. and im going to loose out.
any help will much appreciated thanks
Was it registered, insured?  Did the buyer accept the service you used to post it?  If for example the buyer was happy for it to be sent by "ordinary" post and you have proof of posting then the buyer should take the risk.  If he wanted it registered then he should say so. 

19 messages seems excessive.  Wouldn't one have been enough?  If it was recorded then check to make sure that it really hasn't arrived first.  There are buyers who claim not to have received something although it arrived and they signed for it.
I come from somewhere long ago...
and now there's no way back
Be Bop Deluxe

Captain Pugwash

• Anything to do with A&BC Gum
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 11:52:24 AM »
 Hello bri.d

Your buyer seems very impatient it may still turn up.

I have had a few items go missing in the past.

What usualy happens the buyer will report a missing item. If he/she then   escalate's to a claim the money is put on hold.If the item doesn't turn up you will have to pay the buyer back. Then you have to claim your money back through Royal mail.
This is a real pain in the rear end as you have to fill in a long winded form from the Post office also print off the ebay listing and the Paypal receipt.
If you have done all this correctly you may get your money back in 30 days.

I always get proof of posting,it has saved me around half a dozen times.

Good luck.   

bri.d

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 12:18:01 PM »
thanks mark. ian. cp. ive cheked marks link it says the letter is still at the post office where it was posted. it was posted first class recorded. i have the receipt.first time ive had to go down this road its very annoying >:(
just had the sympathy email all the tears etc etc
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 12:22:13 PM by bri.d »
always looking for unlisted. brooke bond cards. albums. order forms. canadian dinosaur reprints. spyfile cards

Robin Friday

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 12:58:56 PM »
thanks mark. ian. cp. ive cheked marks link it says the letter is still at the post office where it was posted. it was posted first class recorded. i have the receipt.first time ive had to go down this road its very annoying >:(
just had the sympathy email all the tears etc etc

l would let them escalate the claim and sort it out 1 step at a time involving e-bay and if it's not sorted the post office .

scenario...postie pops it through the letter box without a signature (it happens all the time)

exdrummer

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 02:01:55 PM »
I had something go missing a while back. You will have to wait something like 20 working days before the Royal Mail will act. The form was easy enough but the item was sold through the CSGB auction not ebay. I had proof of posting, quoted Murrays value and the auction bid, which was less, and they paid up no problem. Be warned though, 1st & 2nd class covers you up to £20, signed for up to £50 and special delivery up to £500, although you can buy more cover. The staff in the Post Office warned me not to try to claim £20 for something I should have covered for more as they will not pay out if you have insufficient cover. My item was either 1st class or signed for, can't remember which, but they refund the postage too. A bit of a delay but not too onerous in my opinion.

bri.d

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 02:22:14 PM »
thank's for the reply's

MansfieldTerrier

• Looking for Huddersfield Town stuff
    • The Huddersfield Town Collection
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 10:06:37 AM »
I've had stuff I've sent go missing, but fortunately only cheap stuff for the most part.
Either way, you'll lose the money that you received from the buyer if he/she paid by PayPal as they ALWAYS refund the buyer if something goes wrong.
Now I always make sure that I have a proof of posting so that I can make a claim from the PO and I've always managed that successfully, but as others in this thread have said - beware of using cheap postage because you can only claim up to certain limits when doing that.

MT ;)

Who's online

12 Guests, 0 Users