Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: 66' A&BC Batman A Series Red-Bat Wrapper Variation  (Read 1840 times)

garno

• Everything A&BC including PSA graded cards
    • garno Topps, Anglo, A&BC and Somportex addiction
66' A&BC Batman A Series Red-Bat Wrapper Variation
« on: November 19, 2015, 04:42:02 PM »
Ok. Just seen this one. I have never noticed this wrapper variation until now.......Am I the only one? Are there other variation of this wrapper? I'm sure there were only 3 cards on offer in the other
Wrapper.
Best
garno - PSA
red-bat66 - ebay

Robin Friday

Re: 66' A&BC Batman A Series Red-Bat Wrapper Variation
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 11:42:57 AM »
Hi Garno , many thanks for the share and your thoughts on the matter .

I've no idea in regards other variations as I'm not a wrapper guy ,  but what do you think caused the wrapper variation of this particular issue ?

Was it a  second printing of the cards with a wrapper change ?

I'm guessing (probably wrong) that the 4  card pack was released prior to the 3 card .
Just a guess as I'm assuming that the gum company decided to give away less cards for the same price ......
or it could be the opposite and the 4 card pack was released secondly as a ' carrot ' to fool the kids into thinking they were getting better value for their thrud (3d) by getting four cards  instead of 3 .

Any answers out there ?

Captain Pugwash

• Anything to do with A&BC Gum
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 12:50:31 PM »

I cannot remember that far back.Two but probably three cards.

Good spot Graeme. Another one to find now.  :)

garno

• Everything A&BC including PSA graded cards
    • garno Topps, Anglo, A&BC and Somportex addiction
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 03:07:01 PM »
Nearly 50 years of collecting these cards and the red-bat being my favourite set and I’ve just noticed this variation. There must be many more from all the sets produced that still are waiting to be discovered.
Pleasantly surprised that you hadn’t spotted this one Graham.
I suspect your theory Mark that the CARDS plus BUBBLE GUM wrapper was the forerunner and the 4 card wrapper is correct. I recollect when unwrapping many factory sealed CARDS plus BUBBLE GUM wrappers to rescue the cards from the bubble gum staining back in the 70’s there were only 3 cards inside each wrapper/pack. Now let assume that logically the 7 card per pack black bat 66’ cards were released after the red bat I wonder if there was a variation of that wrapper too??? But……again the $64,000 question is were the 66’ A&BC Blue-Bat cards distributed in the Red-Bat wrappers? Furthermore they can’t have been released at the same time as there would have been total confusion with the kids not knowing whether they were buying a blue or red bat card?? The counter display boxes from the blue and red sets are another conundrum.
I haven’t finished yet. How the hell did I convince my parents (they were not rich) to invest during 1966 in the red-bat/blue-bat/black/bat (Fanclubback too) Riddler back in my addiction to A&BC gum cards? I’d love to see some of the correspondence sent by A&BC that would include marketing and release dates that must exist somewhere? Intriguing.
Best
garno - PSA
red-bat66 - ebay

Who's online

36 Guests, 0 Users