Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: Ultra scarce Ogdens card  (Read 1625 times)

GuineaGoldjr

Ultra scarce Ogdens card
« on: January 15, 2017, 04:57:59 PM »
A P size Ogdens English actresses card is currently listed on Loddens auction site.Estimate is £500-£700.Can anyone recall one of these coming up for sale before?

shaker

• Anything Bury - (but not programmes!)
Re: Ultra scarce Ogdens cards
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 07:29:54 PM »
Know nothing about the above I'm afraid, but there certainly are some gorgeous items in that auction.  Glad I no longer collect horse racing cards or I would have been itching to bid lots of money, I shouldn't have!
UtS!

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
Re: Ultra scarce Ogdens card
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 10:08:13 AM »
I did keep quite about this auction because of the content but did buy most of the items I wanted, two lots I was out bid on.

There was a set of' MODERN WAR WEAPONS' with 33 varieties, well I only want one of the varieties and therefor placed a limit, sort of regret it, now though.

'COMIC CARD' I was aware of others that would like this card and could afford to bid more than me and did.

'ENGLISH ACTRESS' - Bought this card so pleased, 1 of 10 cards issued 1894 and advertised in the press.

BEAUTIES GREEN NET BACK COLOURED - Again won this lot and am pleased, had to buy 97 cards for only 14, still 2 more cards to go, possible 3 if the 100th card is ever seen.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 10:10:20 AM by Ogdenscards »
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

IanSammel

• German cards
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 05:53:56 PM »
Well done David.  You got a few of the things you wanted.  I often buy things I don't really need because they are part of a job lot but then often they turn out to be better than the ones I already had so it was a good thing after all.
I come from somewhere long ago...
and now there's no way back
Be Bop Deluxe

Ogdenscards

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 08:51:49 PM »
I think that will happen as I have seen the scans, so a few up grades as well.

Expecting them tomorrow.

David
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

Zappa

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 01:38:39 PM »
I did keep quite about this auction because of the content but did buy most of the items I wanted, two lots I was out bid on.

There was a set of' MODERN WAR WEAPONS' with 33 varieties, well I only want one of the varieties and therefor placed a limit, sort of regret it, now though.

'COMIC CARD' I was aware of others that would like this card and could afford to bid more than me and did.

'ENGLISH ACTRESS' - Bought this card so pleased, 1 of 10 cards issued 1894 and advertised in the press.

BEAUTIES GREEN NET BACK COLOURED - Again won this lot and am pleased, had to buy 97 cards for only 14, still 2 more cards to go, possible 3 if the 100th card is ever seen.

Hi - apologies, that was me that won the Modern war weapons set. I put in quite a few bids in the Loddon auction and sadly missed out on the Singleton and Cole's Jack Johnson card! 

Ogdenscards

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 06:16:30 PM »
We need to talk
Best Regards David

Who's online

12 Guests, 0 Users