January 16, 2018, 05:25:48 PM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Author Topic: OGDENS 'A' SERIES - Football QUESTION  (Read 684 times)

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
Re: OGDENS 'A' SERIES - Football QUESTION
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 05:06:50 PM »
I think the  first orders were cartoons or packaging. They also made the tips or mouth pieces for the Guinea Gold cigs.
Am thinking, going through each series that 1900 would be the earliest perhaps even 1901, but for now 1900.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 05:11:28 PM by Ogdenscards »
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

bri.d

• britians .diecast. cigarette & brooke bond cards
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 06:54:48 AM »
 interesting. may be looking in the wrong place. there the carton/package making factory was transferred to Liverpool, in 1900

always looking for unlisted. brooke bond cards. albums. order forms. canadian dinosaur reprints. spyfile cards

Ogdenscards

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2017, 08:59:55 AM »
Yes it was but existed before moving, are you looking in Frank Singleton's book?
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

bri.d

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 09:10:03 AM »
always looking for unlisted. brooke bond cards. albums. order forms. canadian dinosaur reprints. spyfile cards

bri.d

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2017, 11:05:45 AM »
just come across this on ebay its the same picture has tabs c series card no 49 holbein

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Antique-Print-1901-Games-Grasmere-Sport-Holbein-Channel-Swim-Dublin-287M164/142613609653?hash=item21346efcb5:g:sjEAAOSwh1paJJcS

tabs c series card no 40 41 42 same  pictures in. the tatler 11 sept 1901
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 12:59:11 PM by bri.d »

Ogdenscards

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 05:38:51 PM »
Yes Brian, many of the photos in both the Tabs and the Guinea Golds are found in the press often large perspectives. Going through the National newspaper archives, particular events on cards can be seen in the press and often the same pictures. I think its a good way to date events accuratly.
Best Regards David

bri.d

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2017, 12:21:20 PM »
 yeah there fairly easy to find.  where the item 95 96 97 etc. issued in pkts of tabs or a different brand. also did you no. lever bros. where  closely connected to tillotsons in family & business.

Who's online

23 Guests, 0 Users