January 19, 2018, 03:27:10 AM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1403 times)

Alex

Introduction
« on: November 23, 2011, 07:36:54 AM »
Hi all I suppose I should introduce myself and give you an idea of who I am and what area of collecting floats my boat.
To start I think that what I do now may give you an idea of what kind of person I am.
As a member of the EAST ANGLIAN CIGARETTE CARD CLUB that meets in the village hall in Roydon near Diss in Norfolk each Month I like to lend a hand whenever I can and at the present time I am the PR/Publicity Guy.
I design and produce a Calendar for all of the club members which I have done for a few years now,members name tags,a club meeting date card like a bank card that you can put in your purse or wallet as a reminder of when we meet.
At the present time I am running of some complimentary slips for a couple of guys that run the club and having 500 flyers made advertising the club at a local printers.
My card collecting started back in the 60's when my brother and I looked foreward to mum opening the next packet of BB Dividend D,mum had the stamp and me and bro shared the cards. I have no idea where those sets ended up.
A big leap fore ward in time to when my dad past away, my mum gave me dad's collection of cards which covered a vast subject matter, some damaged and some sets incomplete and at that time I had no idea where to get replacement cards or for that matter cards that were missing.
One of the guy's at work collected silks and brought some in to work one day, I found him at lunch break looking through his albums so I asked him where he went  to get such a collection, that's when he introduced me to the Club on the following Saturday about 10 or 11 years ago and the rest as they say is History.
If I like some cards whatever the subject I try my best to put a sert together rather that just buy a set made up by someone else, more fun that way.
I have during my membership managed to get all of the sets of BB that I can remember collecting as a kid and some that I didn't get to see as by that time I started to take notice of girls.
My interest at the moment are Dutch Silks (Turmac) and anything Birds, Flowers and Butterflies.
I do pick up the odd American card and one or two F&J Smith from one or two of our club members.
Here is the front cover of next years Calendar, we had 160 printed this year for themembers with a few extra just in case.

Who's online

89 Guests, 0 Users