February 23, 2018, 04:27:55 PM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Author Topic: Help with identifying Inter Allied Games cards from after WWI  (Read 320 times)

OzColl752

Help with identifying Inter Allied Games cards from after WWI
« on: January 17, 2018, 05:09:55 AM »
Hello
Would anyone know anything about these cards issued to show sports played as part of the Inter Allied Games held after the end of WWI.

The set appears to show numerous sports. There are four known Rugby Union Cards which are numbered 14, 18, 19 and 20. They are fairly large cards measuring 100 x 125 mm and have plain backs.

Does anyone know the name of the set, how many cards are in the set, and if there is a list of the cards?

thanks OzColl752

IanSammel

• German cards
Re: Help with identifying Inter Allied Games cards from after WWI
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 07:57:10 AM »
Hi Ozcoll and welcome to the forum.  I'm afraid I can't help you with the cards.  Maybe one of the other members will know more about them.
I come from somewhere long ago...
and now there's no way back
Be Bop Deluxe

bri.d

• britians .diecast. cigarette & brooke bond cards
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 09:02:18 AM »
 The card appears to be one from Inter -Allied Games held in Paris in 1919. There are at least 200 in the set
always looking for unlisted. brooke bond cards. albums. order forms. canadian dinosaur reprints. spyfile cards

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 02:41:56 PM »
Where did you get that information from Brian and who was it issued by. Good researching
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

exdrummer

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 03:45:06 PM »
I am unable to start a new thread, just seeing if I can comment on a previous one.

Alan

• Football Cartophilic Info Exchange
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 01:10:52 PM »
I've never come across this set before. There were 8 football teams at the games so I presume some of them feature somewhere in the set.

Had a quick look on eBay (the only place where I've been able to find any of these) and there are athletics, baseball, boxing, parades, rugby, show jumping, medal presentations and camel racing included.

bri.d

• britians .diecast. cigarette & brooke bond cards
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 02:25:34 PM »
There seems to be a lot of copyright on this set. I did find evidence of a Album with 200 cards.
always looking for unlisted. brooke bond cards. albums. order forms. canadian dinosaur reprints. spyfile cards

Who's online

9 Guests, 1 User
shaker