Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: Removing cards from plastic sleeves that have stored in damp conditions  (Read 603 times)

thetufty1

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY SAFE WAY TO REMOVE CIGARETTE CARDS FROM PLASTIC SLEEVES THAT HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY DAMPNESS - WHERE TO SLEEVE STICKS TO THE SURFACE OF THE CARDS
ANY POINTERS WOULD BE MOST WELCOME

IanSammel

• German cards
Re: Removing cards from plastic sleeves that have stored in damp conditions
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 12:57:43 PM »
The simple answer is no I don't. 
Are you sure that damp has caused the problem?  Some sleeves contain plasticisers and these can merge with the ink, especially on some old cards.
What sort of cards are they?  If they are "sticky backs" then they are designed to stick and if dampness was the problem it may have moistened the glue.
I think that for a start I would carefully cut the sleeve around the card.  Then you'll see whether it's stuck on both sides or only one.  You could try to prise the plastic off the card carefully by inserting say a pair of tweezers in between or maybe steam would help but I've never tried it.  In the case of sticky backs, the text will probably be printed over the top of the glue and steam will probably remove the text so I wouldn't try it in that case.
I come from somewhere long ago...
and now there's no way back
Be Bop Deluxe

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
Re: Removing cards from plastic sleeves that have stored in damp conditions
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 05:01:54 PM »
Good advise given just try it and see, but do find out the rarity of each cad before plunging in.
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

Who's online

28 Guests, 0 Users