February 23, 2018, 04:23:07 PM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Author Topic: Newbie looking for tips!  (Read 117 times)

AKerrigan99

• Looking to collect anything Tottenham
Newbie looking for tips!
« on: February 13, 2018, 04:31:32 AM »
Hi everyone, I've recently decided to start collecting cigarette cards but I have no idea about the different sets of cards, which brands sold them and where to find info on this. I'm looking for any Tottenham cards, any info will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Alex

Mariner tony

Re: Newbie looking for tips!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 09:34:49 AM »
Hello Alex. Welcome to the forum. There is a great deal of experience and knowledge on the forum so don't be afraid to ask questions. I started scratching my head with confusion decades ago, and today, decades later I'm still scratching it with confusion over our hobby! A good place to see what sets are out their would be to buy one of the main dealer catalogues. Either Murray or London Cigarette card co. I've had a look on eBay and these can be bought cheaply. Whatever year you buy you will receive an almost endless list of manufacturers and sets that they issued.
Always look on ebay before purchasing as there are many bargains to be had. If I has to offer one piece of advice it would be this: CONDITION!! Always buy your cards in top condition. With few exceptions you will not go too far wrong if you stick to this advice.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 09:36:30 AM by Mariner tony »

Alan

• Football Cartophilic Info Exchange
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 01:07:44 PM »
There's plenty of Spurs stuff thrughout my blog - lots of photos, checklists, etc.

The best way to navigate is using the 5 Index posts that can be accessed in the right-hand column under 'Blog Index'.

Football Cartophilic Info Exchange

AKerrigan99

• Looking to collect anything Tottenham
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 01:54:25 PM »
Thanks guys , much appreciated  :)
Cheers,

Alex

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 04:58:31 PM »
Ogdens is my thing and many football cards in the issues of Ogdens. Look out for Tabs and Guinea Golds.

TAB cards have the 1901 cup winning team issued.
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 05:11:13 PM »
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

Who's online

10 Guests, 1 User
shaker