Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: cards in slot in albums  (Read 881 times)

robinnood

cards in slot in albums
« on: February 16, 2018, 11:30:35 AM »
I recently acquired soccer bubble gum series 2 cards in the original slot in album , the album is in great condition and the cards look great in the album , the question i would  like to ask is would other collectors leave them in the album or take them out and store them in plastic sleeves , i have quite a few slot in albums with cards in them , so any advice would be welcome.
regards
ROB

IanSammel

• German cards
Re: cards in slot in albums
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 06:35:22 PM »
A difficult question that one.  On the one hand the cards will rub against each other and slowly wear the surfaces.  The corner slots will eventually leave marks on the cards as well.  In that respect, it's better to remove them.  On the other hand, there's the risk of damage if you do that, such as tearing the album or creasing the card.  My personal preference would be to very carefully remove the cards from the album and put them in sleeves.  Other collectors might have different ideas.
I come from somewhere long ago...
and now there's no way back
Be Bop Deluxe

Alan

• Football Cartophilic Info Exchange
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:27:06 PM »
My preference would be to keep the complete album in as good as condition as possible and then collect a complete set of cards to be kept in plastic sleeves.

Mariner tony

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 04:41:45 AM »
I'm with Ian on this one. I'd remove the cards and also insert the album in a protective sleeve.

exdrummer

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 09:24:35 AM »
I would carefully remove them. The older corner mount and slot in albums also tend to leach colour on to the cards, that's why you see a lot of older discoloured cards.

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 11:36:19 AM »
As a collector always enjoyed looking into the intended albums, as you say they look great. In many albums added information can be found increasing the interest but the slot in albums rarely added additional interest.

Another point is that there is a tendency to store albums flat with other weighty books etc. on top, it is this additional weight that cause the corner damage the cards become crushed.

To me and what I would do is to remove the cards place them into appropriate sleeves and also place the album into a sleeve allowing the viewer to see both the cards and the album. I don't know the size but 10 slot albums are not the only size of sleeve available.
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

Who's online

26 Guests, 0 Users