Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: Help Wanted - 1935 Hignett Bros. & Co. Broadcasting Series (Set of 50 Cards)  (Read 286 times)

Steve F

I have been provided with a U.K. Reference book that indicates this series of Hignett Brothers & Co was issued in 1935, however in 15 years of searching for them I have never seen a single entity from the series!

I am looking for an example of #22 Broadcasting a Test Match and would love to see images of the front/back if indeed the series was issued (or better still if someone has one available I'd be happy to purchase it)

Can anyone advise whether this series of cards actually exists or is the record simply a misprint?

Cedric1812

• Birds (pre-1970), ATC, Boer War & 19thC American
Some of the 1930s Hignett sets are incredibly difficult to find. Whilst the catalogue values may only be a couple of pounds a card you just never see them as so few were printed when compared with the Ogden's equivalents. I'll keep an eye out for you in King's Lynn and see if there are any.
Always interested in buying rare bird cards

Steve F

Thanks Gents

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
By this time Hignetts was under the wing of Ogden's branch of the ITC group, there were 10,000,000 cards ordered for Ogden's and 100,000 for Hignett's. The order was dated 18th October 1935 and first delivery to the factory was 20th November 1935.

So the image of the card you are looking for is exactly the same as the Ogden's series no 22, which is much more common.

The numbers of cards mentioned above have to be divided by the 50 cards in the series which calculates at 200,000 sets for Ogden's and only 2000 sets for Hignett's, which is why you are finding it difficult to find.
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

Who's online

35 Guests, 1 User
Alan