Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: Ridgebacks latest finds  (Read 420 times)

ridgeback

Ridgebacks latest finds
« on: May 19, 2018, 11:50:56 AM »
Good morning All

Probably quite boring for all you seasoned collectors but quite exciting for me.I spotted a box of cards at one of the local auctions last week that was 90% rubbish but right at the bottom were 21/25 cards from Players Championship golf Courses in VG condition.

I went along expecting a battle and got the entire box for  a fiver which was a result.

Also lurking in the depths of the box,underneath the crap were 14/16 of these cards. https://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/baileys-agencies-sunnyvale-sun-450sust.html

I was intrigued to see they were Tobacco issues,but Ive never heard of Baileys Agencies,does anyone know more about them ? I'm trying to imagine if the cards were issued in tins,packets,or licensed to a tobacco manufacturer.Ive done an internet search for Baileys Agencies of course but really found very little.

wandererpaul

• Brentford FC Memorabilia
Re: Ridgebacks latest finds
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 02:18:44 PM »
The Sunnyvale Cards were issued in two booklets.

As shown here; https://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/baileys-agencies-sunnyvale-sun-450sust.html

The other series you linked to were 'proofs' and not believed to have been issued, going by Alan's blogsite.

I remember seeing two booklets on sale but didn't take any notes unfortunately. They weren't issued in singles, that's for sure.
Not Forgotten; W.Allwright,H.Gould,J.Greechan,P.Hagan,G.Kennedy,G.Littler,H.Purver,H.Robotham,P.Saunders,R.Shields,A.Walker

wandererpaul

• Brentford FC Memorabilia
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 02:21:00 PM »
Bailey's Agencies was a London based company, going by this set of football transfers, also on Alan's blogsite.

https://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/baileys-agencies-sunnyvale-bai-120.html
Not Forgotten; W.Allwright,H.Gould,J.Greechan,P.Hagan,G.Kennedy,G.Littler,H.Purver,H.Robotham,P.Saunders,R.Shields,A.Walker

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 04:59:07 PM »
What a find, I have certainly not seen nor aware of the company.
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 05:02:17 PM »
Had a look in my up to date catalogue of 2008, perhaps should buy a new one, and cannot find them.
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

ridgeback

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 08:14:55 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback regarding Sunnyvale/Baileys

I'm just intrigued that there seems to be so little about them,Alans wonderful site seems to be about the only thing on the net that references the company,everywhere else I look just draws a blank.

As I mentioned before I rather enjoy the chase..so I find myself somewhat compelled to find out a bit more about the cards and the company,I will post again if I get anywhere !

I'm off card trawling again this week..I missed a fairly unexciting box yesterday,today I'm off to look at:

"A box of cigarette cards "

Its  at a right old fashioned auction down here in the depths of Devon,I don't think its changed there since 1930,no internet,just a bloke sitting at a table sharing banter with  the locals in between flogging all manner of stuff.The last time I went there I enquired about a bidders number,the reply was

"We dont worry about that just shout your name".

I still cant work out what they do if there are two Daves in the room !

Anyway I wonder what I will find in the bottom of that box   :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 08:20:53 AM by ridgeback »

Cedric1812

• Birds, Early USA, Pokemon, UK Tobacco advertising
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 07:47:23 AM »
Was there anything interesting in the box Ridgeback?
Always interested in buying rare bird cards and general reference material (books, magazines etc.)

Who's online

30 Guests, 0 Users