Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: WHAT DO I COLLECT  (Read 953 times)

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
Re: WHAT DO I COLLECT
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 11:36:50 AM »
That depends on condition though
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

up the cherries!

• Up the cherries!
  • Modern trade, Real Photographic, BAT
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 04:50:32 PM »
I collect pretty much anything, if the price is right for me. Like Ridgeback, I like the thrill of the hunt at car boots and the like, anywhere I do not have to pay top dollar really. My main interests are 'modern' trade ( including the dreaded word 'stickers' ), real photographic cards ( beauties, views etc - quality images at a fraction of the cost of postcards - ), Sanitarium, and finally, Leibigs. Quite an assortment, really. My wife would prefer for me to just concentrate on one area or theme, but it is not going to happen!   

Ogdenscards

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2018, 02:40:50 PM »
Just to be varied, when Pokomon cards came out I collected them with my two sons, who at the time were annoyed at me placing them in sleeves not allowing them to play with the cards. Now they show them off to their friends now they are in their twenties.

any way went to a car boot at the weekend and bought a load of Pokemon cards
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:16:40 AM by Ogdenscards »
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

Cedric1812

• Birds (pre-1970), ATC, Boer War & 19thC American
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2018, 05:58:28 PM »
Which sets David?

Always interested in buying rare bird cards

Ogdenscards

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2018, 08:15:54 AM »
There were no sets but just random cards the sets represented were
16 cards with Japanese writing 'Pocket Monsters' on the backs.
5 different cards out of 62
11 out of 130
34 out of 82
31 out of ?? but called TV animation edition are they Topps cards
1 out of 10  again but seems different TV edition
15 out of 132

these are the different cards but  many duplicates probably a few hundred, but all in excellent condition.
If I see them at the car boots intend to buy them if the right price, oh and they came in Pokemon tin.

PS sam forgot to see that sheet you had at the convention, might come over to the club one day or Pudsey but keep forgetting when its on.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:26:13 AM by Ogdenscards »
Best Regards David

ridgeback

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2018, 08:19:57 AM »
Thanks for all the info David,its appreciated and helps me learn a little bit more about Ogdens GGs

Steve F

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 10:42:32 AM »
David,

Sorry I didn't respond earlier (been on holiday) and yes I am pleased when something unusual turns up, though the Want's List still has a few supposedly 'common' cards on it! Its great when any card I get is from pre WW1, which accounts for about 1.5 pages of the list (4 pages), but English Cigarette cards (there are very few English Trade cards in the era) are particularly hard to come by in Australia. I've got just about every English issue covered by at least one Type card, but am always looking to add to them to get closer to complete the sets. Some are a work in progress and some (sadly) may never be completed!

The cricket issues from 1895 Marcus Cigarettes (1/15?), 1897 C & W Heroes of Sport (7/19), 1899 Kinnear Cigarettes (11/15), 1902 D & J McDonald (2/25) & 1902 Smith's Champions of Sport (12/29) hardly ever turn up so they cant be too common, even in the UK! There are also some very rare Australian issues from the era that are very scarce here and on the odd occasion when one turns up (from either country), and I can acquire it it does make the search worthwhile.

Even in your field of collecting, some of the early Ogden's are very hard to find - 1899 Cricketers & Sports (39/50 - 28/36 cricket subjects), 1899 Base 'M' Wide Space (47/50), Close Space (12/27) - though I do have all the other Ogden's GG & TAB cricket issues except the two Ranji Cards (Medium & Large) and the W.G. Grace (Veteran Cricketer) card, so if you ever come across any spares of these would be happy to consider!

Cheers

Ogdenscards

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2018, 11:33:49 AM »
Steve, just been offered these Cricket & Sportsman cards. I am having the middle one Trumble, are you interested in the other two.
David
Best Regards David

Steve F

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2018, 04:06:01 AM »
Yes - I would be happy to grab the other two which are in better condition than the two I have - I would have loved the Trumble card as well which is one I don't have so if its an upgrade for you I'd be happy to negotiate on your old one as well

Not sure what they are worth but you can email me at sjflemm62@yahoo.com.au and I'll entertain the offer

Cheers,

Steve F.

Ogdenscards

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2018, 10:02:49 AM »
I have tried to negotiate with the seller but he will not budge he asking catalogue price for each.

No I do not have 'Trumble' myself but if I find one will let you know.
Best Regards David

Who's online

26 Guests, 0 Users