Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: Panini  (Read 381 times)

Mariner tony

Panini
« on: October 10, 2018, 05:55:42 PM »
As Alan revealed yesterday on his excellent football cartophilic info exchange site, Panini have won the licence to produce trading cards and stickers for the Premier League as from next season. Many won't bat an eyelid, fair enough, but I'm pleased for a whole host of reasons.

Alan

• Football Cartophilic Info Exchange
Re: Panini
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 07:37:05 PM »
Me too.

exdrummer

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 08:42:34 PM »
Does this mean the end of Match Attax?

Alan

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 07:33:51 AM »
Yes, this season will be the last. It might be Adrenalyn XL next season.

Mariner tony

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 08:28:33 AM »
Ive  been collecting the Panini FIFA 365 card and sticker sets since their inception, and the quality is very good. Shaped cards, clear plastic and cloth feel cards. Far more for the collector in my view. 

Cedric1812

• Birds, Early USA, Pokemon, UK Tobacco advertising
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 12:37:16 PM »
I have to agree - the quality of the Panini cards is superb isn't it. I'd argue better than Pok?mon and certainly in my view better quality than Match Attax (though I do quite like the Topps sets). I still think these sets are a little on the large side though (anything over 400 is massive!) but if that's what it takes for the companies to stay in business then I suppose it's a necessary evil.
Always interested in buying rare bird cards and general reference material (books, magazines etc.)

MansfieldTerrier

• Looking for Huddersfield Town stuff
    • The Huddersfield Town Collection
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 08:49:27 PM »
Can't see it affecting me; my lot almost certainly won't feature in any sets for the 2019/20 season.

:-[

Alan

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 10:36:30 PM »
Can't see it affecting me; my lot almost certainly won't feature in any sets for the 2019/20 season.

:-[

ditto

up the cherries!

• Up the cherries!
  • Modern trade, Real Photographic, BAT
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 06:09:44 PM »
I have to agree, the quality of Panini is generally better than Topps. Does this mean Topps have lost the Champions League as well? If so, maybe Panini will not be producing the 365 set next year, and will concentrate on the CL?

Alan

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 08:17:52 PM »
Topps still have the Champions League license, but another twist, something I haven't bothered putting on my blog, Panini are looking to sell the company by auction and Topps are thought to be interested in buying it!!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:44:51 AM by Alan »

MansfieldTerrier

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 10:35:05 AM »
Topps still have the Champions League license, but another twist, something I haven't bothered putting on my blog, Panini are looking to sell the company by auction and Topps are thought to be interested in buy!!!
Crazy! :o

up the cherries!

• Up the cherries!
  • Modern trade, Real Photographic, BAT
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 03:27:51 PM »
Really???
That would be a real shame, and should Topps bid for it, it would mean a monopoly of the card market in Europe, which wouldn't be good news for the wallet!

MansfieldTerrier

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2018, 08:17:40 AM »
Really???
That would be a real shame, and should Topps bid for it, it would mean a monopoly of the card market in Europe, which wouldn't be good news for the wallet!
Agreed.
Topps are already screwing every last penny out of collectors with their ridiculous 'parallel' cards and their relentless releases of Topps Now, On Demand and other series.
I'm just glad that I don't support one of the "Big Six" because their players feature heavily in every new release.
As predicted many, many years ago now, the EPL is simply a licence to print money.
It certainly lives up to its nickname, "The Greedy League", in every way possible.
>:(

Who's online

24 Guests, 0 Users