April 21, 2018, 10:48:14 AM

Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Author Topic: Ogden's Guinea Golds & Tabs  (Read 15552 times)

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
Ogden's Guinea Golds & Tabs
« on: April 16, 2012, 10:53:01 PM »
I have concentrated on Ogden's cards and have had many pleasurable hours sorting and identifying the cards. The Guinea Gold's & Tabs at first, like all, thought it would be a mine field but not really a few basic principles and your off.

A good point they usually affordable but there are rare cards amongst them that premote higher values.

Please ask away and let me try and dispel the image that they are complicated.
Regards David
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:14:55 PM by Ogdenscards »
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

Ogdenscards

Re: Ogden's Guinea Golds & Tabs
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 08:49:16 PM »
I am beginning to feel alone in my collecting Ogden's is the myth they are complicated that strong.
From a lonely David
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

GuineaGoldjr

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 10:30:02 PM »
Hi David.You're not alone mate.Since coming to see you last year you will be pleased to know that you convinced my to collect ALL base variations of GGs(even all the variations of the numbered series).
To all you potential GG collectors out there-it is a bit ominous at first but the best advice I can give you is to start handling and inspecting as many GGs as you can.You will soon learn to recognise bases just by looking at them without refering to any reference works. ;)
I am always looking to purchase any large lots og GGs.

misterguineagold

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 02:37:15 PM »
Hi,
     A man after my own heart. Luckily I now have just about all the numbered cards in all the bases. Glad I'm not just starting out.

Ogdenscards

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 10:39:27 AM »
That last few are always hard to find. How about exchanging wants lists with each other.

How is your coloured section coming along, I am trying to prove what exists, would very much also like to exchange what you have as opposed to what you want both in large and small just to establish a list of what exists.

I also found an interesting card the other day. Numbered 103 base D3, with a picture of "Buller" and the caption panel of "White". Have you seen this card before?

Regards David
Best Regards David

Ogdenscards

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 10:20:44 PM »
See if I can add the picture I wanted its the interesting card I described, I have not seen this card before nor it mentioned in any books. Its clearly an error as Buller is nos 102 and White the 103
Best Regards David

Ogdenscards

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 05:45:29 PM »
I think this card "Lord Milner" is an unregistered card its is Base D4, has a metalic sheen. I think it should be added to the Boar War list. It does look like "Sir Alfred Milner" a card already registered but it is a different picture. Has anybody seen this picture. Please tell me if you think I am wrong.

I will keep adding any new cards I find, could all those Ogden's Guinea Gold collectors do the same.

Regards David

Best Regards David

GuineaGoldjr

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 08:46:00 PM »
Hi David.The White/Buller card is actually mentioned in the Ogdens Red book although I have never actually seen an example before.It may be one that gets overlooked as collectors may just glance at the picture and card number.
Recently purchased a small lot of GGs off Ebay and one is a coloured base M actress.Looks like it may have been done after printing but looks to have been very well done.Have you come across these before in the smaller size base M cards?

Ogdenscards

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 08:34:59 AM »
I've looked for this card and could not see but it I think your right its in the white panel group. My card in the white panel is the same but does have the panel, albeit faint. I must say the panel is none existent on this card and didn't look there for this reason.
Well done.

Small Base M coloured yes do occur, have about 10 which one is yours?
Best Regards David

bri.d

• britians .diecast. cigarette & brooke bond cards
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 08:46:48 AM »
 david the buller cards listed under set 71s-da i think is the thin cards.
always looking for unlisted. brooke bond cards. albums. order forms. canadian dinosaur reprints. spyfile cards

Ogdenscards

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 09:24:28 AM »
Well done Brian you are right, both mysteries solved. Lord Milner White panel group and yes I have now read the mention on page 147 of the error card, Buller/White.
These past collectors were clever well done to the writers.
Best Regards David

bri.d

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 10:47:35 AM »
i started doing the different bases got most of the 1-100 its the thin cards which dont turn up to often hard to find
always looking for unlisted. brooke bond cards. albums. order forms. canadian dinosaur reprints. spyfile cards

bri.d

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 10:54:50 AM »
i started doing the different bases got most of the 1-100 its the thin cards which dont turn up to often hard to find

lord milner is the white pannel ive got the same card only another 25 to go

bri.d

GuineaGoldjr

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 10:53:28 AM »
Guinea Gold Base M coloured actress is May Douglas-have posted a picture of same on gallery.

Who's online

28 Guests, 0 Users