Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: Northumberland  (Read 3352 times)

James15118

Northumberland
« on: August 10, 2012, 11:06:16 PM »
Hi,

was just wondering is there any clubs/groups in the northumberland area.

baystokie

• Birds, cricket, caricatures, scenery (not photos)
Re: Northumberland
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 11:47:29 PM »
On the CSGB site, there are details of the NE branch of the Cartophilic Society who meet in Gateshead on a monthly basis.
I live near Whitley Bay and know of no other 'gatherings' of card-minded people. Come to think of it, my son-in-law in Middlesbrough and myself are the only two up here that I know of who have this hobby - unless there are large numbers of closet collectors lurking in these parts!

James15118

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 11:53:19 PM »
closet collectors hahaha, shame, theres got to be more, would be good to see something up these neck of the woods, i dont have a huge collection as I've only been collecting a year or so, but it would be nice to talk in person with more 'seasoned pros' lol and see some of the nicer sets

Cedric1812

• Birds (pre-1970), ATC, Boer War & 19thC American
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 10:01:21 AM »
You'd be surprised how many collectors there are tbh! I know in the Yorkshire branch we have a couple of guys that come down from Darlington. There is also the Northern Cigarette Card Fair and I'm sure if you just explain to one of the guys on the door they'd be happy to introduce you to some collectors from your area or people that collect similar types of cards to you. I often find you learn about new sets and things from other collectors and dealers (there'll be about 10 dealers there). That's going to be the 20th October at Haughton WMC DL1 2DD 10am - 4pm. I'm sure that nearer the time there'll be a formal announcement on here!

Regarding the North East Branch, they meet at the civic centre in Gateshead but the dates aren't regular - I'll drop you a message with George's phone number (branch secretary) and he can tell you when the next ones are planned.
Always interested in buying rare bird cards

James15118

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 10:58:24 AM »
thanks, very helpfull

john62henry

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 04:15:47 PM »
Well i.m going to come out :),hi all,i,m john from south shields,Ive been collecting cards on and off for about 25 years,ebay sparked off my intrest again and now i cannot keep away

baystokie

• Birds, cricket, caricatures, scenery (not photos)
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 06:13:43 PM »
My apologies to all NE card collectors (closet or otherwise!) for my assumptions.

Of course, 'North East' can refer to anywhere between Berwick and Hull (as the Met Office do!) so there can be considerabe distances between us.

Have only a 17 year collecting span, so will defer to those with greater seniority.

wolfie

• Military Silks, Military, SciFi Trade.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 06:21:12 PM »
Hi

From Newcastle, only been doing it a few months but would be interested inmeeting up with other folk.

Who's online

35 Guests, 0 Users