Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: murrays catalogue  (Read 25957 times)

fossil

• natural history, scienced, museum studies
murrays catalogue
« on: August 30, 2012, 03:00:45 PM »
has any member,any news, or got a copy of murrays new catalogue ?
would be interested to know of its contents, as many of its cigarette cards sets, from wills, players, etc., were sold to colectabilia.
if they have no stock, do they plan to list them or leave a blank space at the prices, such as the LCCC catalogues.

also, does any member use murrays online catalogue ?
i would be interested to know if they still have stocks of cards still listed online ?

Captain Pugwash

• Anything to do with A&BC Gum
Re: murrays catalogue
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 04:33:06 PM »
Murray's catalogue reported to be £9.99
Think I might go with LCCC

baystokie

• Birds, cricket, caricatures, scenery (not photos)
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 07:25:52 PM »
Captain - is the Murray catalogue the usual joint (cigarette/Trade) card issue? The LCCC catalogues are separate and a trifle dearer/
What's your thinking on going with LCCC?

The Murray online cat has many issues listed BUT none (very few?) of the issuers whose cards were sold to Collectabilia and, of course, I wonder if they actually have stocks of those cards that are listed - not known till you order.

It may be that the paper catalogue is to be used as a list of all known issues rather than just those held - have a strong feeling there will be a lot of gaps in the price columns.

Which forum member is goping to be first to grasp the nettle/catalogue?

magpiemick

• newcastle united related stuff
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 07:28:45 PM »
I think Murrays as we knew it has now gone New ownership new ideas principles I allways used the Mrrays one for cigarette cards and the LCC one for trade cards

Captain Pugwash

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »
baystokie:  Our secretary (gumman2) has ordered 48 catalogues for the east anglian club,but there could be a wait as the printers have gone bust.
I don't know any details of the catalogue layout.
As fossil stated the wills,players cards etc were sold to colectabilia,he also purchased most of the gum card stock.
As I collect A&BC gum this would be my reason to choose LCCC trade catalogue.

IanSammel

• German cards
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 09:27:23 PM »
There have been discussions about catalogue prices in other threads.  My opinion is that a catalogue is basically the price list of the dealer that issues it.  Which sets have been issued is already well documented.  If you need to know the price then I think you should get a catalogue from a dealer who actually has some of the cards for sale.

Nowadays the price is decided more and more by Ebay.  Maybe what we need is an Ebay price Wiki.
I come from somewhere long ago...
and now there's no way back
Be Bop Deluxe

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 10:19:12 AM »
I always found that the catalogue of Murrays was just a list indicating rarity but not always succeeding.
I don't think that any dealer actually sold at the price listed but more often at a percentage and the more knowledgeable used there own price sometimes much lower and sometimes many times higher.

Their are many premium cards within all the sets which the catalogue did not highlight. Rarity and desirability are combined when dictating a price and as the last comment said perhaps ebay prices reflect more the true values.

The LCCC catalogue has always contained a little more information than Murrays but when you ask them for the older rarer cards they generally do not have any left.

Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

baystokie

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 07:05:54 PM »
Has anyone been 'brave enough' to get a copy of the new Murray? I have asked Murray's if they would give collectors a statement of what the catalogue purports to be - eg a list of all cards irrespective of availability, a list of only those cards available, what their prices are based on, especially if they do not have stocks - but all I have heard is.......... silence!

exdrummer

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 07:59:34 PM »
Haven't seen Muurays new catalogue yet. I am intending to go to the Woking fair next weekend and if they are on sale there I will have a quick look and probably buy 1. If so I will post a review on here.

Captain Pugwash

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 06:32:59 PM »
I cannot see where he would find the time while running three seperate shops on ebay.

fossil

• natural history, scienced, museum studies
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 07:30:50 PM »
i knew he had two ebay stores, other than the hux, and murrays, what is his third store called ?

Captain Pugwash

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 06:47:03 AM »
haciendadarren

He sold an A&BC Battle empty display box for £510

exdrummer

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 05:26:09 PM »
went to the Woking fair and spoke to Mike heard, Dave Davies and Rob Roy cards. None of them have heard when the new Murrays catalogue will be out. Just a case of waiting, I suppose.

lachlan

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 08:03:17 PM »
According to Murrays' website, he's supposed to be running an auction at the end of this month but so far no details of lots, just a request to re-visit the site soon.

baystokie

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 03:15:16 PM »
baystokie:  Our secretary (gumman2) has ordered 48 catalogues for the east anglian club,but there could be a wait as the printers have gone bust.
I don't know any details of the catalogue layout.
As fossil stated the wills,players cards etc were sold to colectabilia,he also purchased most of the gum card stock.
As I collect A&BC gum this would be my reason to choose LCCC trade catalogue.

Murrays have confirmed original printer went bust, but having problems with replacement printers regarding 'the way it's been printed. Hope to resolve asap' - not sure if this is encouraging news or not!

Who's online

27 Guests, 3 Users
Alan, Ogdenscards, Athelstan