Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: views and opinions required ?  (Read 6842 times)

IanSammel

• German cards
Re: views and opinions required ?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 10:42:53 AM »

the set of bird cards i have, is titled, 'AUS DEUTSCHLANDS VOGELWELT', and issued by reemtsma cigarettenfabriken.
it is a 200  card set.
no idea of the date that they were issued, so would be grateful if you knew !

I forgot the obvious Reemtsma issue.  The set was originally issued in 1932.  However Reemtsma's philosophy was to keep sets available for several years so it would have been possible to obtain it into the late 1930s.

Reemtsma considered their albums to be more like reference books.  They were given numbers and it is interesting to see how the subjects were replaced with time.  For example album 4, "International Tales" was replaced in 1939 by "German Fairy Tales".  "Modern Art" was replaced in 1938 by Art of the Gothic and Early Renaissance", "Wonders of the Animal Kingdom" was replaced in 1939 by "Native Animals", etc.  "Vogelwelt" was withdrawn in the late 1930s and it was indicated that further albums were in preparation.  Presumably due to the war the successor was never released.  I have always wondered what it would have been.
I come from somewhere long ago...
and now there's no way back
Be Bop Deluxe

fossil

• natural history, scienced, museum studies
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 08:13:36 AM »
thanks ian for the information on my german bird card set,
it is a really great set of cards, so i was very pleased when i obtained the set, a couple of years back.
how common are these german card sets ?, i rarely see them on ebay, only as odds.
would they be more easily obtainable in set for, from the german ebay, in full set form?

ozron

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 10:32:06 AM »
I completely overlook any spelling mistakes you may make, Fossie.

To be expected. You're only a Pom, after all.

IanSammel

• German cards
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 11:43:49 AM »
how common are these german card sets ?, i rarely see them on ebay, only as odds.
would they be more easily obtainable in set for, from the german ebay, in full set form?

Reemtsma produced these sets in vast quantities.  Even nowadays there's no shortage of them.  If you look on German Ebay you'll find a good selection although beware as some people ask very ambitious prices.  You have a choice of packets of cards, the so-called "Bildergruppen" or cards stuck in albums.  Due to the size of the cards, Reemtsma cards can be difficult to display so a set in an album might not be a bad choice.  The albums also provide a lot of interesting information, assuming you can read German.
Be Bop Deluxe

fossil

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 07:39:19 PM »
thanks ian, i'll have to keep a lookout, ther'es a couple of interesting sets i'd like to aquire for my collection,only paid £15 for the bird set.
ozron, well, us poms, all we do is whinge, we're a nation of whingers, whinge , whinge, whinge.
i suppose its because we ain.t got nothing better to do, still , its great to have a good whinge every now and again, makes you feel a great lot better after

ozron

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 10:25:17 PM »
Okay Fossie, we Aussies have learned to put up with your pommie whinging and even let you win the odd cricket or rugby match to keep you quiet for a while. All part of the price for being distantly related.

Can you tell me...what's a PM? Private message? And how do you do it here?

fossil

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 10:44:22 PM »
rugby and cricket comes naturally to us poms, we could beat you all with our eyes shut, and one leg, but winning every time, nobody would want to play with us, so we llet you antipodean cousins win every now and again, to make you feel good.

PM, i only heard that used the other day, used by member admin, and i worked it out that it meant 'private message'
if you look to the top left of the screen on this forum, you will find a list of categories.
one of them is the word MESSAGE.
if you go on their, you should be able to put the members name in, and send him a private message.
if i am wrong on this, ask admin or ian , as they should be able to give more accurate details

IanSammel

• German cards
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 07:54:36 AM »
Another possibility is to click on the member's name on the left.  At the bottom of the details there's a link to send this member a personal message.
Be Bop Deluxe

Mariner tony

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 11:52:30 AM »
I like fossil's idea regarding dealers effectively advertising their wares on this site. A win win situation where the dealer finds potential customers and we may (hopefully) source an elusive item we require.

Who's online

10 Guests, 0 Users