Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: tapatalk mobile forum app?  (Read 2492 times)

CmdrVimes

tapatalk mobile forum app?
« on: November 09, 2012, 09:26:33 AM »
Hi,

Have you considered installing the tapatalk plugin?  This would enable mobile users to join in with the forum too, as it helps the forum load much quicker and is simpler, making it more data friendly.

I have the plugin on my own forum and its a doddle to install, and the tapatalk app for mobiles is available on both the iOS AND Android markets, for a small but VERY worthwhile fee.

Click here to read more about the plugin/mobile application

It makes all forums friendly on the cost of data connections within mobile phones. :)

admin

• Administrator
Re: tapatalk mobile forum app?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 09:37:25 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. We are aware of tapatalk but we don't consider it suitable for any of our forums.

Welcome to the site by the way.

Geoff

lachlan

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 01:36:59 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. We are aware of tapatalk but we don't consider it suitable for any of our forums.

Welcome to the site by the way.

Geoff

That comes across, at least to me, as a little dismissive in response to what I'm sure was a genuine attempt to be helpful. Maybe you should have said why you think it's not suitable?

CmdrVimes

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 07:28:12 PM »
Thank you for "sticking up for me", but I have only myself to blame for the short response, I have asked for tapatalk on other forums I frequent, simply because in my disabled state, it is MUCH MORE user friendly for BASIC forum posting only.

However, there has been the one other forum who accused tapatalk as being risky to install due to security, and they really were not happy that I had asked for it, and ignited an interest in having it installed, when they didn't want to "touch it with a barge pole".. so I will now shut up and back away from this obviously touchy subject...

Apologies...

lachlan

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 08:04:01 PM »
I don't think apologies are required. You asked for something and it was rejected. No issues with that, just the slightly brusque manner in which it was dealt with. Hope you stick with this site.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 09:08:03 PM »
I'm sorry if my answer came over as brusque, it was not meant to be. Tapatalk was suggested for one of our other forums and we looked into it and decided, for a variety of operational reasons that it was not the kind of thing that we'd get involved with.

If there is a demand from members for a more smartphone friendly version of the site we can provide this but at the moment this would come with a downside as the main site would be become a little less user friendly.

This is one of the many areas I'm working on and in due time, no doubt, I'll come up with a workable solution.

Geoff

Who's online

30 Guests, 0 Users