Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: Mansfield Terrier - the clues are in the name!  (Read 1387 times)

MansfieldTerrier

• Looking for Huddersfield Town stuff
    • The Huddersfield Town Collection
Mansfield Terrier - the clues are in the name!
« on: March 02, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »
Hi all

Long-time Huddersfield Town fan (for my sins!). Supported since 1968 when I started going to matches with Trevor Cherry's sister, who lived opposite me and three doors along from then Town boss, Ian Greaves. Lucky enough to see Town top of the pile after the first two games of the 1970-71 season; not many Town fans nowadays can say that! It's all been downhill since then, though ... :(

Lived in and around Mansfield since 1979 when I started teaching in the area. Now retired, I can spend all of my time on the PC chasing down HTAFC cards (which I've been collecting since about 2000) and maintaining my two websites, PINNACE CARDS and HTAFC CARDS & STICKERS; no doubt some on here will have visited.

Looking forward to some lively debates and discussions, as well as perhaps locating a few missing gems!

MT ;)

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
Re: Mansfield Terrier - the clues are in the name!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 09:40:32 AM »
Not been on for a while so just catching up. Welcome to the site and look forward to your imput.

I went to Wembley to see the play of final Sheffield V Huddersfield. Have to admit came away defeated. Am not a football fan but my cousins son plays for Sheifield and the whole family went down in a coach - Chris Porter
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

MansfieldTerrier

• Looking for Huddersfield Town stuff
    • The Huddersfield Town Collection
Re: Mansfield Terrier - the clues are in the name!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 10:43:26 AM »
Ah, yes - I remember the day well.
They say that astronomers are still waiting for Simonsen's penalty to come down out of Earth's orbit!

Thanks for the welcome; I hope to make some valuable contributions.

MT ;)

Who's online

49 Guests, 0 Users