Click here if you
need magnetic signs for vans

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company or
video producers in Milton Keynes

Geoff Fowler - Artist

Privacy Policy

Author Topic: tipping my toe in the bubble gum card water  (Read 2280 times)

Madmartigan

tipping my toe in the bubble gum card water
« on: June 25, 2014, 11:15:29 PM »
im chris from north wales UK into vintage starwars stuff really collecting wise and the odd lego pieces :D

but recently seen waxed sealed movie cards online quite cheap for a sealed pack a couple of £2. i like the artwork really  8) on the 1980s wax cards in particular and considering getting a few. i mean from what im looking @ doesnt see much £ involved, starwars stuff is at all time high. is this site ok for wax collecting or is it primarily cig cards?

wolfie

• Military Silks, Military, SciFi Trade.
Re: tipping my toe in the bubble gum card water
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 11:24:51 PM »
Hi we have all sorts of collectors on here, most have gum and cig cards but one or two have wax, football, packaging, sweet cards you name it our members will have some examples.

Look in the gallery you will get an idea of the wide range of stuff we have, and one of the big plusses is all will help and answer your questions.

Good luck and please post some pics in the gallery.

Mariner tony

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 06:29:44 AM »
Hi Chris. Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it. Never feel shy about asking questions or seeking advice because you'll find lots of helpful souls around the forum all too willing to waffle on (myself included).
I am fond of sci-fi as a collecting theme; indeed have two sets of Star Wars cards myself. These were issued in 1978 by Topps in the UK. This manufacturer has issued a large quantity of Star Wars material, much of it in the USA, but all is readily available and most of it modestly priced.
Enjoy your collecting!

MansfieldTerrier

• Looking for Huddersfield Town stuff
    • The Huddersfield Town Collection
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 09:11:12 AM »
Of course it is, Chris.
Gum cards, cig cards, tea cards, all form part of The Collector's diet.
Welcome to the forum. Strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.

MT ;)

Ogdenscards

• Collects all cards issued by Ogden's
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 10:23:32 AM »
Am 56 and remember collecting the gum cards as a child, keep saying to myself should start on this theme and probably will when completed Ogden's or run out of finding cards.

You will enjoy the hobby and find many outlets for purchase by keeping in touch with the likes of this forum.

Welcome and look forward to your input.
Always looking for interesting cards and associated goods issued by Ogden's you can see samples of cards I am looking for in the wants section.
Best Regards David

Cedric1812

• Birds, Early USA, Pokemon, UK Tobacco advertising
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 01:23:30 PM »
Those wax packets are great so there is nothing wrong at all with sharing them on this forum. They aren't too expensive either and they cover a good range of subjects. I think my favourite packet is Jaws but the funnest cards for me were the Donkey Kong and Super Mario cards. They even had game cards for 'Punch Out' - a classic!

I am sure you'll love the hobby and if you need any help or have any questions then just post on here. Everyone I've asked on here about anything card related has been really helpful.

Sam
Always interested in buying rare bird cards and general reference material (books, magazines etc.)

Madmartigan

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 11:17:25 PM »
well thankyou for the hearty welcome fellas  :)

waxed sealed 80s and 70s gum cards here i come................

Captain Pugwash

• Anything to do with A&BC Gum
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 07:56:27 AM »
Hi Chris and welcome.

Good luck with your collecting wax packs.They are quite plentifull unlike those from the 60's & 70's

Who's online

26 Guests, 0 Users